CANADA DAY CELEBRATIONS: 2017
author: Ingrid Nachtrieb
BELLEVILLE – 613-885-9854 or www.bellevillecanadaday. com. West Zwick’s Park. All events and activities free.
- JUNE 30 – Free concert at Zwick’s Park headlined by Juno award winning band ‘Trooper’. Park opens at 6pm.
- JULY 1 – Live entertainment, displays and children’s activities all day including a 5km Fun Run & 1km walk/run and beach volleyball tournament. Fireworks at 10pm or dusk.
BRIGHTON – 613-475-0670 or www.brighton.ca. King Edward Park.
- JULY 1 – Pancake breakfast 8am. Opening ceremonies at 11am. Live music 11:30am-1:30pm and 2-4pm. Vendors, bouncy castle, face painting, petting zoo and fire trucks on display. Band at Memorial Park 6:30pm. Bingo 6-8pm at the Community Centre. Fireworks at King Edward Park.
CAMPBELLFORD – 705-653-1551 or www.visittrenthills.ca.
- JULY 1 – Rotary pancake breakfast, teddy bear parade, live entertainment, Jungle Cat World, children’s games and activities. Old Mill Park. 8am-1:30pm.
- JULY 2 – Artists gather at Westben’s The Barn for a special Canada Day celebration featuring four sets of music and a meadow full of food and fun activities. Free admission.
COBOURG – 905-372-9971 or www.cobourg2017.ca.
- JULY 1 – 4 – A weekend of fun on Cobourg’s waterfront. Parade down King St. Band shell entertainment, vendors, teddy bear picnic, arts & crafts show, strawberry social, craft beer event and Confederation tea – all in Victoria Park; midway on the pier and a fantastic fireworks.
COLBORNE – 905-355-2821 ext. 122 or for more details facebook.com/cramahecanada150.
- JUNE 29 – Canada Day festivities at Victoria Square. 4:30- 6:30pm. Free hot dogs, pop and water. Face painting and fun activities for young ones. Music in the Square 6:30- 8:30pm.
- JUNE 25 – Canada celebrations and parade with lots of activities at the Haldimand Memorial Arena and Parks Facility. 1pm.
HARWOOD – 905-342-3074 or 905-342-3373 or visit Harwood Hall facebook.
- JUNE 23 – Harwood Dock. 5pm. BBQ, music and fireworks.
- JUNE 24 – An “Old Fashioned Fun Fair”. Harwood Park. 11am-4pm. Kids’ bike parade and games, vendors, heritage displays, classic cars, tractors and more. 5pm-1am. Beer Garden, steak dinner and dance. Advance tickets only.
- JUNE 25 – 11am. Ecumenical church service at Harwood Dock. 12:30-3pm Strawberry Lunch at Harwood Hall. Advance tickets only.
HASTINGS – 705-653-1551 or www.visittrenthills.ca.
- JULY 1 – 12-10:30pm. Activities for all ages, live entertainment, food and vendors throughout the village. Parade 4pm. Don’t miss the award winning fireworks display over the Trent-Severn Waterway.
PICTON – 613-476-7901 ext. 211 or for more details visit www.experiencepicton.com.
- JULY 1 – Picton’s Block Party on Main St. features a kids’ carnival, legion lawn party, artisan market, entertainment, Come Alive Outside Green Zone and sidewalk sale. Evening activities begin in Mary St. parking lot at 6pm and finish up with a fireworks finale.
PORT HOPE – 905-885-2004 or www.visitporthope.ca.
- JULY 1 – Join a Callithumpian parade down main street at 11am. Entertainment and refreshments in Memorial Park and a spectacular fireworks show at 10:15pm.
PORT PERRY – 905-985-0814 or discoverportperry.ca.
- JUNE 30 – JULY 2 – Scugog Summer Jam at the Port Perry Fairgrounds. Fri. night Big Wreck. Sat. night Aaron Pritchett. Sun. local live entertainment and special events.
STIRLING – 613-395-0015 or stirling-rawdon.com or farmtownpark.ca.
- JUNE 30 – 150th Dance with Fred Vette and His Rhinestone Plowboys. 8-12pm. Farmtown Park, 437 West Front St. JULY 1 – A family evening of free fun with burgers, hot dogs, cake and drinks. 6:30pm at the Stirling Fairgrounds.
TRENTON – 613-392-2841 ext. 4487 or for more details visit www.quintewest.ca.
- JULY 1 – All day entertainment at Centennial Park, with vendor village, displays & demonstrations, outdoor bingo, children’s activities and a spectacular fireworks display. ‘Canada Day Eh’ parade starts at the arena at 11am.
WARKWORTH – 705-653-1551 or www.visittrenthills.ca.
- JULY 1 – Opening ceremonies at Centennial Mill Creek Pond Park featuring local talent Pat Kelleher. Live music at the bandshell, bouncy castle, face painting, races and prizes, Fire Department display. 11am-3pm.
WELLINGTON – 613-476-2148 or or for more details visit www.discoverwellington.ca.
- JUNE 30 – Royal Tour of the Wellington Farmers’ Market. Street dance, BBQ and fireworks at the beach.
- JULY 1 – Pancake breakfast at Wellington Town Hall. Parade starts at 10:30am on Belleville Rd. Rotary Club ribs in the park, live entertainment, vendors and kids’ fun zone.